(Effective Date: 25th May 2018)
Elsdon Consulting (EC) is a global technology recruitment company described on the website. Elsdon Consulting offers recruitment services for permanent hiring and contract.
1. Who does this Privacy Notice protect?
This Privacy Notice protects individuals throughout the world who access our Websites or receive recruitment services from us. In addition to candidates who are looking for a new or different job or career, this also includes individuals who are employed by an actual, former or prospective Elsdon Consulting. An Elsdon Consulting client is one of the following, a business that Elsdon Consulting has contracted with to provide recruitment services or is in the process of doing so, a business that EC may solicit with the intention of providing recruitment services or a business to whom EC may provide relevant IT market information.
2. What information will we collect?
Some of the data that we collect and receive from you is personal data which means that it is information that could personally identify you (“Personal Data” or “PII”). The Personal Data that we may collect from all users of our Websites and users of our recruitment services may include any of the following:
- Contact details e.g. street address, email address, telephone number;
- Work Experience;
- Job Title;
- Professional Certifications;
- Education & Qualifications;
- Career History;
- Salary Range;
- Right to work status \ citizenship;
- Other information relevant to help us provide recruitment services;
- References from past employers; and
- IP address
For Contract Candidates Only (individuals who are employed by, consult with and/or own an entity recruited by EC to provide contract or temporary technical professional services to an EC client (or an EC client’s client))
In addition to the Personal Data listed above, EC may collect the following from you:
- Tax details and proof of payment and submission;
- Commercial insurance information; and
- Bank and payment details.
While this information may relate to your company or your employer rather than being your Personal Data, we have listed this information for transparency.
If your provision of Personal Data to EC is necessary to enter into a contract with your company or your employer, your failure to provide us with accurate Personal Data may result in EC not being able to offer or render recruitment services to you, your company or your employer.
3. Why do we process your Personal Data?
Generally, we use your Personal Data for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- All users of the Websites and/or our services
- To provide our recruitment services to you, your employer or your company;
- To facilitate the recruitment process, including but not limited to:
- Qualifying and submitting candidates;
- For clients, negotiating EC terms of business;
- Arranging interviews and obtaining feedback;
- Negotiating compensation packages; and
- Providing post placement follow up.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
- To enable you to submit your CV/resume to EC, apply online (including through the Website) for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring the Websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience);
- To send you electronically or by post surveys, reports, EC event details, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about relevant industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes (and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out);
- To identify you, and respond to and process your requests for information and provide you with a product or service;
- To amend records to remove personal information;
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy, other EC policies and any legal or compliance requirements;
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to create marketing materials such as a salary survey; and
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for other everyday business purposes that involve use of Personal Data.
- Actual or Prospective Candidates
- To help find you or your company a job;
- To contact you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) about jobs that EC is filling or may fill for EC clients;
- To provide you or your company with information about the job market;
- To communicate with you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) after you or it has started a job to make sure all is going well or to remedy, or attempt to remedy, any problems;
- To answer any questions you have about a job or the job market;
- To fulfill any aspect of your employer’s or your company’s contract with EC(for contract candidates only);
- To collect any money due, or allegedly due, to EC or any EC client (or EC’s client’s client);
- To obtain or inquire about any property (including computers and confidential business information) owned, or allegedly owned, by EC or any EC client (or EC’s client’s client);
- To establish, exercise or defend any legal claims; and
- To assist you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) if you are dissatisfied or dislike the job, or any aspect of it.
- Individuals who work for EC clients (i.e. a “client contact”)
- To fill an open vacancy at your company or employer;
- To contact you about candidates for jobs with whom EC has a relationship;
- To provide you with information about the job market;
- To communicate with you after your company or employer has hired/retained an EC Candidate to make sure all is going well and to remedy, or attempt to remedy, any problems;
- To negotiate and fulfill any aspect of your company’s or employer’s contract with EC;
- To answer any questions you have about a job or a candidate or your company’s or employer’s contract with EC;
- To resolve any issue with the issuance, payment, collection or enforcement of an EC invoice;
- To collect any property owned by EC or any EC candidate;
- To establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
VI. Who do we send your Personal Data to?
- All users of the Websites and/or our services
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we or you have requested or that EC clients have requested including references, qualifications and background reference checking services and to verify the details you have provided from third party sources.
- To third parties to provide data storage, CV/resume parsing and marketing (via email & SMS, standard SMS and text rates may apply) services to EC where such third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of, and to protect, your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law.
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, in connection with legal proceedings or other similar cause or circumstance.
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets, or a controlling interest in the equity, of EC (or any of its group companies) provided that such counterparty(ies) to any such transaction agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Notice (or a similar document) and applicable law.
- Actual or Prospective Candidates
- To EC clients in order for them to determine if you (permanent hire candidate) or your company or employer (contract candidate) are or may be qualified to fill a vacancy.
- Individuals who work for EC clients (i.e. a client contact)
- To candidates in the course of providing your company or employer with recruiting services and to further the recruitment process.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested including candidate skill tests and other testing.
4. What will EC do if my Personal Data is breached?
EC has put in place reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards intended to prevent a breach of your Personal Data. That being said, EC cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will not be breached.
A breach can take many forms, including, without limitation, the loss of your Personal Data or the unauthorized access to, disclosure, modification, copying and transfer of your Personal Data.
Once EC becomes aware of the breach, EC will take reasonable steps to isolate the breach, stop the breach, determine the root cause, determine the Personal Data breached, fix the root cause and determine if notice to you and/or the appropriate government agency(ies) is required. EC will comply with all applicable law in reacting to, and dealing with, a breach of Personal Data.
If you believe, for any reason, that your Personal Data has been breached while in EC’s care, custody or control, please email EC immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Will my Personal Data be transferred to another country?
Yes, EC may transfer your Personal Data to the categories of third parties described in this Privacy Notice, some of whom are located outside of the country in which you provided your Personal Data to EC or the country of collection.
If so, EC will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected and treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice and local applicable law. The countries where EC may transfer your Personal Data will have varying levels of data security practices and laws, some of which may be less stringent or protective than your country. EC will use all reasonable efforts to require that any of its suppliers and vendors who receive your Personal Data are contractually bound to (a) keep your Personal Data confidential and (b) take, at a minimum, reasonable efforts to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
Under certain circumstances, EC may share your Personal Data with one or more of its group companies who may be located in a country other than yours or other than the country in which EC collected your Personal Data.
6. How long will EC store my Personal Data for?
We are required by applicable law to store your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations. This period of time will vary based on the law in your country and in the country where EC stores your Personal Data.
In addition, EC will keep your Personal Data for the identified purposes until it reasonably believes that it no longer needs it, that there is no reasonable chance that you, your employer or your company will do business with EC, and there is no reason to believe that we will need the Personal Data for any special circumstances such as the issuance or defence of legal proceedings, audit, investigation or collections.
7. Sending EC Personal Data over the internet
Your Personal Data is held on servers hosted by us, our internet services providers or third party vendors with whom EC has a contract. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take the efforts set forth in the Privacy Notice to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through or to our Websites. Any transmission of data by you to us over the internet is at your own risk.
8. How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our Websites
We also collect information about the way job seekers and visitors use the Websites in order to improve our services, to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc. By using the Websites, you agree that we may share de-identified aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify candidates, clients, or jobs which may be of interest to you. We may process Personal Data that you submit to us through the Websites under one or more of the permissible bases for processing Personal Data set forth in the Privacy Notice.
9. Technology and Tools
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.